WHAT LADY?


'What the hell, man, stop pulling our leg,' Dave sounded unconvinced. 'it's the truth; I have seen it. That day I was all scared out of my minds' Karan stuck to his story, not ready to back down . ' no way, you all might have been drunk like hell to see things like that,' Dave tried to reason. 'Yes, we were drunk that day, but who can blame us? It was a holiday. Now shut up and listen,' Karan continued with his story.

'Like any other weekend, we came together, cooked food, and had a little party. This time we decided to get together at Aziz's place. He had been inviting us over, saying his place has a nice vibe to chill at night' "Yeh, right! Spooky vibe" Dave seemed determined to mess up Karans' story. 'Ha! It's only scaredy cats like you who won't dare to go to secluded spots and miss out on the exceptional vibes' that shut Dave up, and Karan continued with his story.

'that night, we had a blast. On the terrace, we had fun drinking and smoking, and you know the best part is no one cares how much ruckus you make; that's the wonder of a secluded space.' Karan did not forget to take a stab at Dave even during his narration. 'One by one, we went down to our mattresses to get some shut-eye; I believe it was around 2 am when I went to take a piss that I noticed Aziz was missing from the bed.''

'Well, that addict might have returned to the terrace to get his daily dose of weed,' Dave murmured. 'Well, I agree, so I went up the terrace to give him some company.' The slight twitch of Dave's eyebrows showed his disapproval of Karan's actions. 'What? I do it sometimes with friends, and it was such a beautiful night. Well, I guess it was the same as today: a dark sky with no Moon but tons of stars talking to each other.'

'Now listen here, I sometimes wish I hadn't done it so I could still keep my innocence like you, but it's done and over, so there is no need to cry over spilled milk.' Karan felt Dave's accusing eyes boring a hole in his heart, so he diverted his attention to the story. 'Listen to the story; don't go on a tandem, ok! So I went up to the terrace, only to be disappointed. Azizs' was talking to someone seriously; for a moment, I lost it. I thought he broke the bro code and started having a girlfriend.'

 'So I decided to eves drop on his conversation.' Karan looked apologetically at Dave, who waved it away. 'Well, things started going wrong from there' suddenly, Karans' whole vibe changed; he was a good storyteller as always. 'I tried to listen to what Azizs' was saying but didn't get a thing! It was like he was talking in some foreign language' 一 'Son of a... he got a foreign girlfriend' 一 'If only things were so simple, so I went near him and tapped his shoulder ..." So Aziz, who is the lovely lady on the other end".... things suddenly took a weird turn he turned towards me said, " what lady ?"..... this freaked the life out of me as he had no earphones on him."

"So Karan, who is the lovely lady on the other end"  "WHAT LADY-- Aziz?" 

Comments

Post a Comment